Sunday, March 1, 2009

Music. It's Coming.

Okay. So, I'm going to take Sam's advice and just keep on swimming. To do that I'm, more or less, going to copy off Erica, and report in on this year in New Music: i.e., what's to come. Listing it all out, and pondering about it, will pick me up. So, here we go.

Let's start off with confirmed releases:
"Swoon" - Silversun Pickups
"All the Plans" - Starsailor
"Ursa Major" - 3EB
Untitled - Aerosmith
Untitled - Dave Matthews Band
I've already pre-ordered SSPU's and 'Sailor's new albums, so they're in the bag. 3EB's album has been confirmed for awhile. Aerosmith and DMB seem solid, too. After all, Aerosmith is planning tour dates as I type.

Now, let's go onto unconfirmed releases:
Untitled - GGD
Untitled - LH
Still Standing - Default
Untitled - Chevelle
I'm starting to really wonder about LH and GGD. I mean, I could see LH making it out, because it always seems like they get their shit done quickly. GGD... I could see it being either late this year, or pushed to next. Default seems very probable, as does Chevelle, since they're doing small touring (including a stop in Houston, which I'll miss!) this April.

So, it looks like Music's gonna rock this year. We'll follow this story as it develops.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot to mention that The Clark Brothers might finally have their album out this year, too! So, yeah. Them, too. Oh, and it's rumored Natalie Imbruglia might also have a release. So, rock on!
i'll wait for you when saturday's a memory

3 comments:

  1. it sure is coming!!
    you are, for sure, looking at more bands than me..

    but its coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psst...Default CD's called Still Standing. I think you forgot to copy that part. ;)

    ReplyDelete